Sunday, December 12, 2010

Teenage Runaway

Ever have one of those days where you have so many different things to do but you won't be able to go home in between them and change your clothes so you have to pick an outfit that will be good for everything? That was Friday for me. I had to go the office, then a fancy-ish dinner for work and then hanging out with friends downtown. I went with this outfit, which is a dress I got from a thrift store and hemmed and then washed and now there are strings hanging from the hem which I kind of like. I wore this same dress to Fairchild a few weeks ago. And these are probably my favorite pair of tights.

With my suitcases packed (I stayed at my parents house since I was doing so much stuff in Broward over the weekend) I drove off listening to Timbaland and Magoo (what happened to Magoo? seriously you never hear about him).

The dinner I had to go to for work was a thank you dinner for volunteers at this event I worked last month and it was super swanky. It was at this really fancy resort in Boca and there were different food stations with things liked carved turkey and stir-fry and mushrooms stuffed with escargot! But the food was all so rich and heavy that I couldn't eat very much and I actually think it upset my stomach all weekend.

This is me outside the event, you can really see the threads hanging from my dress here.
Before the dinner we wandered around the place and we found all these notepads that they left by telephones in the resort and I left this note for someone to find.


On Saturday I had a big lunch with some friends, we made falafel and tabouli and roasted veggies. It was a lot of fun and we had planned to go out that night but we stayed in and watched movies. One of my friends and former Americorps member was visiting this weekend and that's why I spent the weekend in Broward and it was nice to be up there and hang out with my family, my mom and I went garage saling on Sat. morning and I got some good things.

For dinner tonight I made an eggplant, pepper sandwich with cheddar cheese, spinach and tomato! Soooooooo delicious and filling. I love eggplant, it's the steak of veggies. I also made fries from these Japanese sweet potatoes that we got from our veggie club.

No comments: