Thursday, December 09, 2010

Paddington Bear

The cold weather persists in South Florida and this morning I did NOT want to leave my bed. It was warm and my cats were snuggled up with me. AND it was raining outside. Sigh. So when I went to get dressed I was totally lost, two pairs of boots that I have are suede so I couldn't wear those so I basically just put things on that would go with my red boots.

These are good boots to base an outfit around because when I wear them I can't wear anything else that's too crazy. I got these boots in New York a few years ago and they always get lots of compliments when I wear them. I just realized I wrote that the boots get compliments and not me, lol.
When I got to work I realized that I was dressed like Paddington Bear:

When I was a kid I had a needlepoint picture of Paddington Bear in my room and the buttons on his jacket were real so you could fasten and unfasten them and I always wanted a jacket that fastened in that way, with a loop and button. When I saw this coat last year I knew I had to have it because of the buttons! And the red boots definitely complete my outfit/costume.

I tried to involve Red in my photos but he was having none of it.

I got this pin from a thrift store in St. Pete last year and I love it, I am obsessed with family crests and the symbol at the top of this crest is a key! Neat.

I can't believe the year is almost over! I need to start working on my best albums of 2010.

No comments: