Monday, December 27, 2010

Crafted Christmas

For Christmas this year I made all my gifts for my family. It was nice because I used a lot of things that had been given to me as gifts to make new gifts, like my screen printing kit, my woodburning tool and my button maker. What could be a better gift than a gift that produces more gifts? So for my mom and sister I made them shirts with an image of a bird of paradise on them. I used a picture that I took from our trip to Fairchild Tropical Gardens.
This is my moms shirt but my sisters is pretty much the same but more blue and silvery.


Then, I made frames for them and gave them the picture that I used, this frame is for my sister.


And this one is my moms.


I also did designs on the side of each one, this is one side from my sisters frame.

I got the frames from Ikea for only $3 so it was a pretty good deal. And I used some different books I have to get ideas about the designs to put on them. It was a lot of fun and I want to do some more wood burning crafts. A woman at the Holiday drive for my job told me that she had an aunt who had everyone who visited her house sign her wood table with a woodburner. I thought that was pretty neat and I'm going to try to make some small signs next.

I also made dog buttons for my sister and my dad, and a funny one of myself for my sister!


All in all I think everyone liked their gifts and it was really fun for me to make them.

No comments: