Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mother's Day

Yes, I know it's a week late I'm not great at keeping to a schedule. Also, one day I will post pictures from my last day at Coachella, one day.

So last week for Mother's Day I asked my mom where she wanted to go and she answered that she wanted to spend the day at the beach and have lunch at Le Tub, a famous hamburger place on the beach.

We went to our favorite beach in Dania and it was a beautiful day.
Of course we practiced sun safety and wore our hats.


The water was beautiful and it made us both sad to think of beaches like this being ruined by the oil spill.



I've been to the beach a few times this year but it's always been too cold to go in the water but this day was perfect and it was my first swim in the ocean for the year.

We then headed to Le Tub and luckily we got there just before the lunch rush. We had never been there before and I personally would not have gone by myself because I don't eat hamburgers but it was her day her choice. And they had hotdogs.
The hamburgers were gigantic! Seriously you would have to share them with someone.

I got a chili cheese dog and it was pretty good.

The restaurant was really nice and right on the water (well the inter-coastal, which is still water) and there were plants everywhere. It did take awhile for the food to come out but they warn you about that on the menu so I was expecting it.

All in all it was a really great day.

2 comments:

Amy said...

aw i miss the beach. i've never been to le tub but always see it. was it worth going? did your mom enjoy her burger?

Katharine said...

yeah she really liked and I really liked my hotdog. I think you would like it the atmosphere was really nice.