Sunday, May 16, 2010

Bill Baggs State Park

A few weeks ago I went with Natan and his school friends to the Bill Baggs State park for a end of the semester picnic.

I've been to the park several times because when Natan worked at the museum regularly he gave tours there and I went on some of the trainings for the museum employees. It's a really nice park with a beautiful beach and the lighthouse there is the oldest standing structure in Miami-Dade county! There is also the lighthouse keepers house.






Natan gave some of the kids an impromptu tour and he got access to the lighthouse to take everyone to the top!




While I was sitting waiting for someone I saw a snake!



Whoa Sepia!


Later we hopped over the rocks...

To watch a wedding that was happening on the other side of the beach!

The view from the top of the lighthouse.

Unfortunately after this picture my camera died.

No comments: