Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Coachella: Saturday

By Saturday the heat was getting to everyone, including my water bottle! The design was melting off!


We tried to find shade anywhere we could at the campsite.


For lunch that day we bought avocados, tomatoes and cheese from the farmers market and made really delicious sandwiches. It was the best thing I ate all weekend but I didn't take a picture. After lunch I headed into the grounds to see John Waters!

He was hilarious and it was very informative but I can't post my new learnings here because it is definitely NSFW
I even got him to sign my book!


Lauren and I went to see Camera Obscura while Dan waited to meet MGMT. But Camera Obscura was really not impressive so after one song we went to chill in the lawn and listen to Old Crow Medicine Show.



Lauren wonders why bluegrass bands sing so much about cocaine.

Next up for me was Beach House. They were another of my favorites. The show was fantastic. I was worried that their dreamy pop music wouldn't hold up in a big outdoor tent but they sounded great. I would love to see them again.




I took a lot of picture while listening to Hot Chip and MGMT. They were both great, just perfect for a night show.




Hot Chip: an explosion of light


In between Hot Chip and MGMT I went to see a little bit of Faith No More, just so I could tell Natan that I went.


MGMT emerging from the fog.


After MGMT I headed over to see Major Lazer. It was as crazy as you could imagine.




When Major Lazer finished I inched by way further into the tent to get a good spot for DEVO, but first I had to sit (well stand) through Les Claypool. I felt neutral towards him before and feel the same after seeing him. Although it was funny a. because I was surrounded by a bunch of young, pot smoking dudes and b. because this guy kept yelling "Be awesome Les" before the show. Be awesome.
Finally, it was time for DEVO and my birthday! because DEVO played at midnight, it was an awesome way to ring in my birthday.





Trash

No comments: