Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fabric Score!

Last week I went to my local JoAnn fabrics and discovered they were having a blowout sale because they are moving to a new location. All the fabric was 75% but you had to buy the bolt (which I didn't mind!) So I picked up two bolts and about 2 yards of a linen fabric all for about $20!!! Before the discount was taken off the total came to $80 something.


I'm planing to make a maxi dress with the jersey knit bright pink fabric. I have been looking around for a maxi dress but being 6'1 it's pretty hard to find one long enough. My mom used to make her own clothes because she couldn't find clothes for tall girls and it seems that not much has changed for me.

The stripped linen fabric I'm thinking of making a cute sundress out of, although I'm trying to decide if I should make separates instead of a dress to get more wears out of it.

I'm not sure about the other fabric, it's more of an upholstery fabric and right now I don't have anything that needs recovering but it was too nice to pass up. I love the old Florida feel of the blue with the palm trees and the greens and pink.

Dusty loves the fabric too!

2 comments:

Chloe Dinnerrolly said...

Very Project Runway. I'm sure Tim Gunn would be proud.

Katharine said...

I think everyone who has ever sat down at a sewing machine has hoped for the day when Tim Gunn tells them to "make it work"