Saturday, April 02, 2011

Two for one

Today turned out to be a really great day when I thought it was going to be a pretty annoying and bad day. I had to go to a work project at our new site which is opening soon and we were supposed to be there all day doing clean-up stuff but we only had to stay an hour! So I had the whole day to do fun and exciting things instead of being out in the hot sun scrubbing railings. First Natan and I went to this market by our house, it's in an empty lot and people just have tents where they sell anything from hats to vegetables to watches to delicious grilled cheese sandwiches.

Day outfit:
Red is my constant shadow!


And he gets sad if I don't hug him enough.


I just bought these shorts at Forever 21 and I have decided that I really love their shorts, they fit me really well and they are super cute.

After shopping we came home and I helped Natan write questions for the South Florida History Challenge, which is tomorrow. It's basically like a Jeopardy game at the Historical Museum of Southern Florida but only with questions about South Florida. Natan has been writing the questions for the past five years and I like helping him because it puts to use all the years I've spent criticizing Jeopardy questions. Believe me if there is anything nerdy then being a part of a history challenge it's definitely writing the questions for one. I'm excited because even though he's been doing this for five years I have never been able to go to a challenge because I've always had to work. So this year I'll finally get to go and my parents are coming too!

To thank me for helping him Natan took me out to one of my favorite restaurants, it's called California Bistro and they have a menu of mexican and italian dishes and they make pretty much everything there, including the squid ink pasta which is normally what I get.

Dinner outfit:
I told you Red was my little shadow!


Pockets!


I got this dress at a thrift store a few months ago. I used to wear it with this awesome gold belt I had but the belt got ruined and I had to throw it out but I like this black feather belt with it too.

So that was my fun Miami filled day, hope everyone else is having a fun weekend!

1 comment:

Amy said...

i just got a pair of shorts from there too and they fit really well which i was not expecting!