Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Washington day two (Friday)

Friday Natan and I took the subway back to where we were on Thursday, by the capitol and went to the Florida House. The Florida House serves as an embassy for Florida citizens visiting in Washington D.C.



The door of the Florida House


Then we went to the Folger Shakespeare Library. They had an exhibit about sleeping and dreaming in Elizabethan times. This is the drinking fountain there.


Then we walked to the National Building Museum, which was just wonderful. We saw exhibits about the planing of D.C., one that showed various items from the collection at the museum, one about rest stops in Norway and one about planing green cities. That one was my least favorite and the rest stops of Norway was my favorite. But even better was the gift shop. It was awesome. It was more like a small store with lots of books and design items than just selling items from the museum. I got a crank flashlight shaped like a black cat, the eyes are the lights, I got this wall vase for my mom, a pacman oven mitt for my sister and a porcelain key necklace for myself.
The National Building Museum, it is housed in the pension building from the Civil War.

A statue outside the museum.


The Museum has the largest Corinthian columns in the world!



I had to sneak this picture that was in the exhibit about planing D.C. because pictures are not allowed there, unfortunately.

2 comments:

laura said...

i am really glad that you were able to get a picture of that ad for awnings. it's great! you're really good at choosing the right times to break the rules.

Lynette L. said...

Do all the states have embassies?