Monday, May 11, 2009

Recap

I got home from my vacation yesterday. I pretty much failed as a blogger on this trip, I'm sorry but when we got back to the hostels at night I was always totally exhausted and would pass out immediately. The trip was awesome though, barring the major debacle involving our flight home. For some unknown reason I thought we were flying out of Dulles Airport but it turns out that our flight was from Reagan Airport. Uh, yeah, I found this out at the counter at Dulles airport about 45 minutes before takeoff. I honestly have no idea how this happened, I booked the flights like two months ago and never looked at it and didn't check it before we left the hotel. It was pretty terrible, the Dulles airport does not fly to Fort Lauderdale and the next flight from Reagan airport wasn't until 7:30. So we headed back to the city via a forty-five minute bus ride and then to Dulles airport, which is much closer to the city, and hung out there until our flight. The whole thing was ridiculous and really all my fault so I felt terrible and we didn't get home until 11:00 at night so I ended up calling out of work today.
So I want to update the blog with vacation events, I thought about just doing a big recap but I like having a day by day record for myself. I will pick up where I left off with pictures of Toronto on the next entry.

No comments: