Thursday, November 04, 2010

Patterned

Today I knew that I really wanted to wear my new skirt that I got from Target last night and I also knew I wanted to look nice because I was interviewing volunteers for the organization I work at so I wanted to make a good impression. I also didn't want to be too dressed up and give them the idea that we are a formal office, which we aren't so I paired the skirt with a plain brown shirt and my new shoes that I got at the most fantastic thrift store. It's called "Out of the Closet" and it's pretty amazing.

I like how one of my cats is the background of this picture.




I posted both of this because in the first one you can the wounds I've gotten in the past weeks from moving things, either at my house or at my job and in the second one you can't which I didn't mean to do when I took the picture but it's convenient.

This was the first time that I was a part of interviewing the volunteers and it's something that I will be more involved in this year and it was pretty fun. The girl who is the volunteer coordinator is pretty awesome so it's fun to be with her and I get to met really cool people, one woman we interviewed was French Moroccan and spoke 11 languages!

I really like my position at work this year because I get to go out in the community and meet a lot of neat people and find out about all the interesting non-profit organizations in my community. So today I went to a training at a place that recruits volunteers for different organizations and found out about his project that will be happening in January to basically survey the homeless population in Broward county. Over a 24 hour period they send out volunteers to various shelters and soup kitchens and just anywhere that homeless people might be, it's basically a census for the housing department of the county. Hopefully I will be a part of this because at my job we have to do so many service projects in the community and this sounds like a really cool one.

No comments: