Thursday, March 25, 2010

Coachella!



In three weeks I will be heading to California for the Coachella music festival and I'm super amped about it.




Here is my list of the bands I want to see, in order of excitement:

1. Pavement.
Duh, I love Pavement and I have never seen them live and they are playing on my birthday! A big reason why I bought my ticket to the festival.
2.DEVO.
My blog is named for a DEVO song, my old ringtone was a DEVO song and if I ever got a tattoo it would be this:

I really love them and from videos I have seen their live shows are great.

3. John Waters.
I really have no idea what he will be doing there (possibly DJing?), but whatever it is I want to be there. One of the first records I had was the hairspray soundtrack, which I still listen to regularly, and in my dreams John Waters plays the music for all the fun parties I attend.

4. Beach House/Grizzly Bear.
A tie.

5. Thom Yorke.
Thom Yorke, no Radiohead? I'm skeptical but still excited.


Yeasayer
She & Him
Major Lazer
Wale
Gorillaz
Phoenix
Yann Tiersen
Jay-Z
De La Soul
Gary Numan
Charlotte Gainsbourg
Yo la Tengo
Mayer Hawthorne
The xx
Passion Pit
Echo and the Bunnymen
The Avett Brothers
King Khan & the Shrines
Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
Sly Stone
Little Boots
The Specials
MGMT
Little Dragon
The Dead Weather
Hot Chip
Gossip
Vampire Weekend


Most of these bands I have never seen before so that definitely raises the level of excitement. I've been to a few festivals like this, where you camp out at the site but I've always driven to them and this time I'm flying so I'm feeling pretty nervous about having room to pack everything I will need. I will have to be super creative in my packing or wear like three layers of clothes on the flight.

2 comments:

BusyBea said...

yayy!! I heard the Charlotte Gainsbourg CD today and now I'm excited to see her as well.

Katharine said...

Yeah it's pretty good, Beck produced/wrote most or all of the album.