Saturday, November 15, 2008

Adjustments

Last week, I bought this sweater from Goodwill:



But the buttons were mismatched and one was even missing!



So I put these nice maroon buttons on.




Yesterday I decided to put my mom's bike basket onto my bike because she has had it for months and never attached it to her bike. It's a really nice basket too, you can detach it from the handlebars and carry it around. Neat. So after I spent about half an hour searching through my dad's very unorganized tool shed for the two basic tools I need, I took my bike for a ride up to work to pick up my check. Then I went to Target and bought some tights on clearance! Afterwords it was to the Helen B. Hoffman Library book sale. I got a book on Sinclair Lewis and a book of F. Scott Fitzgerald's correspondence. Exciting. It was such a nice bike ride. I rode up Fifth Street and across University and Broward on my way to work. Then, on the way back it was a ride through mall parking lots. First, through the Broward Mall parking lot to Target and then through the empty Fashion Mall parking lot back to Fifth Street.

Tomorrow I am going to see Salman Rushdie speak at the Miami Bookfair. I'm really excited, I have been reading his book Midnight's Children all week and I read this really great interview with him about his new book, but I highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in Rushdie. Check it out here:http://www.barnesandnoble.com/bn-review/note.asp?note=17211218&cds2Pid=22520

Tonight I think I might watch the Wizard of Oz. Last year I had to do a presentation on an essay that Rushdie had written about the Wizard of Oz, but I hadn't seen the movie in so many years.

No comments: